I've had a much better week this week. Last Friday helped at youth, we had to color a lot of pieces if paper then color over them with black crayon for a cool scratch effect for the youth to write truths about themselves. I got very tired of coloring, lol. Had a fun time that night. I find that some people don't mind getting crazy while singing, especially while we sang "Undignified," but they just need a push to get there. So I pushed a little and we had some fun. That night I also had a lot of good conversations with a few youth and a few youth leaders. I feel like I was actually connecting with them, which has been a struggle so far. Being the new guy and trying to break into a click while still be a leader and older than most of the youth, a bit odd to go about doing.
Got a few emails from friends as well that were very encouraging for me. I want to thank everyone who has been sending me facebook messages and posts as well as emails. They are encouraging and usually bring a smile to my face, which is so good on some days.
Saturday afternoon went to Dylans to teach them about American football and to watch rugby. Good time, both teams I rooted for lost though in rugby. Then watched the movie "Taken," very good. Spent a long time at his house just hanging out with him, along with a few of my teammates and Dylan's friends.
Sunday and Monday we went to the Australia vs South Africa cricket match. It is not the most exciting game but we had fun. Good experience. Unfortunately SA lost and was unable to take the world champion crown..maybe next time.
Talked to a guy at church that seems pretty cool, but I think is a young Christian about drinking and smoking. Drinking is more common over here for Christians. Hope to build a relationship there.
We started playing in an indoor soccer league every Monday night. We're a bit rusty but I think its gonna be a great time. I love playing soccer.
I'm getting into the meat of Luke so I'm enjoying my quiet time, still need prayer to have time everyday for it.
Made my brownies Tuesday night, so good! Watched "Saved by the Bell" reruns and "Flight 93." Intense movie.
Wednesday at Aurora we started digging a hole that will end up being about 30 ft long and 6 or 7 ft deep. Yea, a lot of fun. The kids seem to be getting better at listening and practicing soccer better, so we are glad for the improvements.
Yesterday was AIDS orphanage. Its so cool to see the kids get excited when they see you. Had fun playing with them. That night all the guys hung out with Burak. We went driving around the town. Got lost and ended up in the ghetto. Saw a gangsta house and a fist fight on the side of the road. Then we went to the richest part of the city and saw some extremely nice areas. Probably go back there sometime. Had a great time. Laughed all night and just enjoyed ourselves, and he is real keen on hanging out more so that is very exciting.
Sorry it is so choppy but I am working on a deadline as usual.
Prayer points
-Health, as always
-Guidance on future plans,
-Time to work on Journeyman app if I'm meant to do Jman.
-Burak and friends
-Dylan and friends
-Church youth relationships
-Church young adult relationships
Thank you all for your prayers!
3/6/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment